That is one of the most misleading scores you will see for quite some time. The Bombers technically lost by 10 points, but it felt like 30.
Let’s get right to it, shall we?
• There was quite a bit of frustration in the locker-room after the game. Marcellus Bowman said there are “deep problems” in the organization. That much is evident. He wasn’t ready to go into specifics, however. We have a few ideas.
• Here’s one: This is Joe Mack’s mess. It’s not Paul LaPolice’s. Mack didn’t get him enough talent in the off-season, and players in the locker-room are starting to realize it.
• Jovon Johnson admitted he screwed up on Jamel Richardson’s 60-yard touchdown catch in the fourth quarter. He moved over to safety to replace the injured Brady Browne and should have been over the top. Richardson was wiiiiide open.
• Johnson said the team is young, assignments are being missed as a result and “we’re missing some of the guys that we lost.” He can say that again.
• LaPolice said he hopes to have two defensive backs back from injury after the bye. We assume that means Ian Logan and Alex Suber.
• LaPolice should have gone to Joey Elliott in the third quarter. The team needed a spark of some kind.
• That’s all for now. We’ll expand on things Saturday afternoon.