Hollywood heavyweight Michael Bay has signed on to develop a film version of the tactical shooter series Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, Variety reports.
I hate first-person shooters. My character never has any peripheral vision and even when I can see my arms, I never have any sense of where the rest of my body is. So I invariably get caught on walking up stairs or end up running into a wall.
But if you’re an FPS fan, you might get a kick out of a couple of music videos by Russian indie punk band, Biting Elbows. Admittedly, I know very little about the band, other than that they formed in Moscow in 2008 and released an album and EP in 2011.
An anonymous developer has come under fire for building a Counterstrike map set in Vancouver’s Port Moody Secondary School.
Watch QMI entertainment writer Steve Tilley and a panel of tech pros for an online discussion of Halo 4, one of the year’s most anticipated video games.
Halo 4 is being released on Nov. 6.
- Steve Tilley (@stevetilley), QMI Agency. Steve has been covering gadgets, video games, viral videos and techno-miscellany for the Sun Media chain since 2006.
- Blaine Kyllo (@solocorps), freelance video game journalist, www.solocorps.com/mcd.
- Riley Little (@TheRileyLittle), who is covering Halo 4 for GameRant.com.
- Peter Nowak (@peternowak), journalist and syndicated blogger wordsbynowak.com.
- Mike Yawney (@gadget_guy), technology specialist and TV commentator, www.thereviewcrew.com.
And check out Steve Tilley’s review of the game here.