You can’t have your cake and eat it, too.
Well, not the WHOLE cake. There’s just too much darn sugar. And sugar’s the enemy. (Of course, the occasional small piece of cake won’t hurt ya.)
But you CAN have your burger and eat it, too (every once in awhile, crocodile).
Weight-loss guru Doug Varrieur says so.
Varrieur, author of Fat To Skinny, offers the following step-by-step guide to eating fast food when that craving just won’t go away – while keeping the sugar content low (he randomly chooses Burger King as an example):
• Tell the guy behind the counter you don’t want any ketchup in the Whopper because that’s where the sugar is.
• Get yourself a diet soda or glass of water with lemon.
• Buy yourself a side salad if you wish.
• Take your order and go sit down.
• Take the top roll off the burger. The bun, throw it away.
• Take your thumbs, stick them underneath those hamburger patties, and pull them off the bottom roll.
• If you got a side salad, break up all that meat on top of your salad. Put some ranch dressing on there. Oh, ranch dressing? That’s one of those creamy dressings full of fat. Guess what? There’s no sugar in there. It’s very low in sugar. It’s terrific.
• Eat your meat, cheese and vegetables. You’ve just eaten a zero-sugar lunch.
“Sugar is as addictive as heroin,” adds Varrieur. “They don’t call it feel-good food for nothing – because it really does make you feel good and that’s the problem with sugar.”
(NOTE: Of course, nobody is suggesting you eat like this every day!)