Rock your body this summer with the following tips from Kelly Dooley, the designer of BodyRock Sport:
• Avoid simple carbohydrates and high starch foods like pasta, white breads, and sweets. Replace them with salads, sweet potatoes, and other vegetables.
• Drink plenty of water and avoid high-calorie drinks, for example, soda, juices, and coffee drinks.
• Aim for the daily recommended five to nine servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
• Skip the late-night snacks. This will only lead to poor food choices and more calories.
• Avoid eating due to stress, or out of boredom.
• If you love sweets and truly can’t live without them, fit a trip or two to your favorite bakery or ice cream shop into your weekly diet. With these desserts out of the house, you will be able to treat yourself, without over-indulging.
• Try eating more frequent, small healthy meals about every three to four hours.
• Include protein in every meal, and decrease your intake of fat and carbohydrates.
• Add spices to your food for a flavor boost that will help you feel satisfied.
Here’s some more info about Dooley and BodyRock Sport courtesy her PR rep:
Dooley has been passionate about staying fit and active since the days when she was a tomboy chasing her big brother around.
These days, Doolely partakes in running marathons, competing in triathlons, and attending intense fitness classes such as hot yoga.
Dooley enjoys keeping in shape with fitness activities that challenge her on a daily basis. Dooley also realizes the importance that her diet plays in her everyday life and on her body; therefore, she pays tribute to her body by following a healthy lifestyle.
Dooley’s inception of BodyRock Sport was thanks to the longing for helping others look good, while feeling good at the gym.
“Why not combine my two passions, fitness and fashion, into something that really and truly rocks?”
Founded in March 2009, BodyRock combines working out and style in a functional way for chic women who don’t want to sacrifice style at the gym.