I’ll definitely be checking out this one-of-a-kind fitness store the next time I’m in Calgary (which could be sooner than later now) …
Reebok FitHub retail concept store at CrossIron Mills Mall, Calgary.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – October 10, 2013
Reebok gets Calgarians moving with the launch
of Canada’s first FitHub retail concept
Reebok opens flagship Canadian store designed to
inspire a fitness generation
Toronto, ON — Today, Reebok continues its mission to empower people to be fit for life with the launch of Canada’s first-ever Reebok FitHub retail concept store at CrossIron Mills, one of Calgary’s premier shopping destinations. Designed to inspire people to move, to train, to get fit and have fun doing it, the Reebok FitHub concept offers a new way of thinking about fitness and is the destination for those dedicated to living a fit lifestyle.
The retail store, which is the first of its kind to open in Canada, is inspired by elements found in fitness studios and CrossFit boxes around the country. Like a gym, the environment is raw, creative and innovative with customers being immersed in fitness as soon as they enter the store.
All FitHub staff are passionate about health and fitness and have a strong fitness background enabling them to work with customers to help them select the best products for their workouts, as well as provide training tips and general health and lifestyle advice.
“We’re extremely excited to have opened the first Reebok FitHub retail concept in Canada,” said Michael Rossi, VP of Reebok Canada. “This new merchandising model is a great brand statement to prove Reebok’s commitment to getting people active. It will give the city of Calgary a full fitness experience like no other, inspire people to get moving and ultimately become a desirable destination for the fitness community.”
To encourage Calgarians to get active, Reebok will also be offering a range of inclusive sessions led by health and fitness experts from within the Reebok community. This will include a number of free weekly workouts at the FitHub, details of which will be available via the Reebok Community Board in-store.
The store is not just a shopping destination but is also designed to be a social hub for fitness communities. The Reebok Community Board is a place where customers can learn how to get involved with local events, discover new workouts and learn about local gyms and instructors. At the centre of the store is the ‘Fit Desk’, where fitness enthusiasts can learn about Reebok and its latest product technologies.
The store will carry pinnacle product from Reebok’s Fall/Winter 2013 collections specifically made for fitness. This premium footwear and apparel collections feature Reebok’s top-of-the-line technologies and materials, allowing for optimal performance and comfort.
Canada’s first Reebok FitHub concept store is part of an ever-expanding global network of concept stores, which includes the U.S., UK, Korea, Russia and Dubai. The growth in the number of FitHubs is more than just an expanding number of stores; it represents Reebok as a brand, aiming to empower people to get fit for life and to give them the tools they need to do this. Whether it is running, dance, CrossFit or yoga, Reebok aims to bring people together to experience fitness in a way that is different, challenging and rewarding.
For more information on Canada’s first Reebok FitHub please visit: www.Reebok.com.
The store design takes inspiration from CrossFit boxes and the gym environment.
Additional notes about Reebok FitHub retail store at CrossIron Mills Mall:
- Store measures 3,000 square feet
- Just under 6,700 units of Reebok apparel stocked in store
- Just over 2,700 pairs of footwear stocked in store
- 700 units of Reebok accessories and socks stocked in store
- The store design takes inspiration from CrossFit boxes and the gym environment including, fixtures that replicate gym equipment, audio tracks specially selected for workouts, genuine gym flooring construction and functioning plyometric jump boxes as seating
- This is a true fitness hub, where Reebok encourages active try-on so the consumer can experience how the products will benefit them
- The till features a Fit Desk for consultation about fitness training and appropriate product
Store Manager – Richard Tyrell:
- Volleyball player: Three years of college volleyball for Sir Sandford Fleming College
- Current member of the Men’s National Irish Volleyball Team
- A fitness and health enthusiast, Richard has recently began CrossFit training and is looking forward to his first Reebok Spartan Race in 2014
- All staff have a fitness background and have been selected based on their experience in sports and retail
It’s not just a shopping destination — it’s also designed to be a social hub for fitness communities.
Reebok International Ltd., headquartered in Canton, MA, USA, is a leading worldwide designer, marketer and distributor of sports, fitness and casual footwear, apparel and equipment. An American-inspired global brand, Reebok is a pioneer in the sporting goods industry with a rich and storied heritage in running, training and fitness. A subsidiary of the adidas Group, Reebok operates under the multiple divisions of the Reebok brand, Reebok-CCM Hockey and the Sports Licensed Division.
For more information, visit Reebok at www.reebok.com.