It may not feel like it right now in snowy Edmonton, but bikini season is just around the corner.
With that in mind, fitness expert to the stars Kathy Kaehler offers the following five tips to flatten your belly:
1. Skip the soda and the wine — anything you can do to reduce the calories and any bloating. One easy way is to up the plain flat water. Flush, flush, flush and this will help flatten out your mid-section.
2. Reducing your calories everyday is easy when you make a meal replacement shake from USANA. The Nutrimeal shakes are low-glycemic so you don’t get a sugar rush. They are also a good source of fibre, so you are full. Fewer calories means a flatter tummy sooner.
3. A fantastic exercise that I get all my celebrity clients to do on a daily basis is the plank. Borrowed from yoga but fits into anyone’s fitness routine. Hold it for at least one minute or build up to that. It works the muscles from top to bottom and inside out. Super strong core means belly is pulled in.
4. When you want that belly to fit into the clothes for a particular night or outfit, keep the veggies at bay hours before then. Less gas and bloating.
5. Walk walk walk. Get in enough cardio exercise to keep your weight maintained. Walking is the best exercise. It works all over. You can do it anywhere, anytime. I have all my clients walk, including Julia Roberts. Whether we are outside or on a treadmill, walking is one way to trim the body, keep you at your ideal weight and because you use most of your muscles you are adding more lean body weight, which burns more calories and that helps you stay lean.
Kathy Kaehler is an author, USANA spokeswoman and celebrity trainer who has devoted her life to helping people live happy, productive, and healthy lives. She has trained celebrities including Julia Roberts, Kim Kardashian, Cindy Crawford, Jennifer Aniston, and Claudia Schiffer. Beyond imparting the latest in fitness workouts, this lifestyle expert has tackled such subjects as multi-tasking, stress management, nutrition, how to get a good night’s sleep, and how to keep sexy and satisfied. For 13 years, she appeared on the Today show as the fitness correspondent.