ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Pregame th0ughts, notes and observations before the Carnival (Bills) play the Circus (Jets).
For starters, cue the appropos soundtrack:
– Sunshine, wind, and c-c-cold greet the players for warmups.
– Tons (probably literally) of snow still on seats, especially in upper decks. But workers for past couple of hours were working diligently to clear out as much as possible.
– Mark Sanchez, who gets the start for Jets, was with He Who Shall Always Be Named In A Jets Story on the field at about 10 am EST. The latter, Tebow, was already in workout togs. Sanchez was in shirt, tie and overcoat. Both appeared to be making precise calculations in gauging the wind. So instead of “chuck it up wildly, in the vicinity” it’ll be “chuck it up wildly, in the area.”
– Busiest part of game day for Rian Lindell taking place right now (11:50) — pregame warmup kicks.
– Chan Gailey walks onto Ralph Wilson Stadium field at 12:05 pm … for the last time?
– Wounded-duck season concludes. Fitzpatrick, Thigpen, Sanchez, Tebow conclude pregame throws, 12:25ish.
– Bills players last to leave field, 12:36. Sun brighter than ever. Hard shadows. Probably will be factor in return game for those facing away from scoreboard endzone.
– Will post analysis column by early evening. Have a good one, folks….