1. Dave says:

Which parts of the Charter would you make away with?

2. Alain says:

No, it is NOT an American thing. I am old enough to recall what it was like in the Maritimes when we had Dominion Day and the Red Ensign as our flag. There were lots of local organic celebrations with lots of fireworks. As kids we all had fireworks and no one was ever injured. It was a time for family reunion with tons of great food to eat. In fact it was pretty much the only time when we were allowed pop. I used the term organic on purpose since it did not require a bunch of federal bureaucrats to organise celebrations. The Red Ensign was also organic in depicting our history which the Pearson flag fails to do. I still have one to fly for these occasions and am proud to do so.

3. Bill Elder says:

I would correct that blog entry title slightly (“I am Canadian” sounds too much like a bland beer commercial) to; “I am a FREE Canadian”

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear,
    free to worship in my own way,
    free to stand for what I think right,
    free to oppose what I believe wrong,
    or free to choose those who shall govern my country.

This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.” JG Diefenbaker July 1, 1960.

Remember it’s the true north strong and FREE.

Let’s celebrate Canadian freedom, our commonlaw heritage that gave us freedom and make this a day where rights hating, freedom loathing statists go scurrying for cover.

4. Terry says:

Canada, where people do have the right to be morons like the owners of the “Fox and Feather Pub” in Ottawa (read Ottawa Sun July 1, 2012). These owners have banned staff from wearing red, having their faces painted or bringing a Canadian flag on the premises.
    I wonder if the Lebanese flag is permitted?

5. Bill Elder says:

Terry at 5:39 am July 1, 2012 says:

“These owners have banned staff from wearing red, having their faces painted or bringing a Canadian flag on the premises.”

But rather than use the heavy hammer of state and charge these mooks, it’s better to just to spread the word that this establishmnt is hostile towards displaying Canadian national symbols and patriotic observance – let the market decide if this is a good business plan.

6. Constantin says:

Happy Canada Day!

7. johndoe124 says:

Oh, the irony.

“Do they know it’s illegal to prohibit, interfere with or take down a Canadian flag being flown or displayed in a public place?”

A private business is now a public place in Mr.Elder’s Free Canada. I guess Fascism must be the road to Freedom.

Comments are closed.