Happy Birthday UN, now get lost

- June 26th, 2012

I’ve made my views known on the United Nations plenty of times. Leaving is my long standing position. I also agree with John Bolton.

John Bolton on the United Nations

Categories: Politics

1. Dan says:

Since nothing constructive ever seems to get done at the UN, it seems to have outlived it’s usefulness (if it ever had any). Canada should leave the UN completely and form associations with countries where there is a possibility of mutual benefit from the association.

2. Bill Elder says:

The UN is a fourth or fifth level of government we don’t need and can’t afford (as a free nation). Government’s nature is not to ensure and protect your rights and freedoms but to slowly erode them with concessions to state power through over legislating. Currently the over governed nations of the democratic west, have 3 or 4 levels (Municipal, [regional/county], state/provincial and National) chewing away at what little freedoms and rights we have left after the advent of the micro-managing state. The UN represents a fourth level of unelected interference in the domestic statute making process which is undermining our collective and individual freedom.

I cast my ballot with you Brian, the sooner we leave the sooner we can repair our nation of the damage UN social engineering authoritarianism has injected into the civil liberty and legal rights of our nation. Our adopting UN social engineering treaties into our domestic laws has given us:

An insufferably biased/bigoted family court and social services system which has invaded and destabilized the family and marriage.

Politically motivated speech codes

Fractious Gender politics

Divisive group identity politics and racial/ethnic pecking orders.

Criminal law which disarms the victim and restricts justified self defense.

Resource regulating and green legislating based in junk science which will ultimately obliterate private property and plunge the nation into unnecessary Luddite austerity where every life sustaining commodity from food, water and housing is controlled and rationed by government

A global system of taxation and unaccountable, unelected legislating which opens the door to insurmountable corruption – a defacto authoritarian world government. The end of national and individual sovereignty and the beginning of a global dictatorship.

To those who doubt anything I have said, READ UN AGENDA 21 and its support documents – then offer opinion.

3. Brett Mann says:

I’m beginning to find these right wing calls for the end of the UN tiresome, silly and misinformed. Evidently a feature of (some) conservative thought is a love of isolationism and an inability to work with those who hold differing views. If the UN didn’t exist we would have to invent it and the successor would have the same problems the present UN has. None the less, the UN has ended and prevented wars, and provided food and education and health to millions of people the world over for many decades.

4. Brent says:

I, for one, believe that we should have a completely open-door policy for those “special UN rapporteurs” who come here and harangue us, telling us how to live and how to correct our deficiencies. I wholeheartedly welcome them and their views. In fact, I think we should have a special gala night for them — at the Just for Laughs Comedy Festival.

5. Alain says:

Brett Mann, please provide the facts on which wars were prevented by the UN along with how the UN has provided food, education and health to those who actually needed it. The track record of the UN in these areas speaks for itself and it is not pretty. Furthermore withdrawing from such a corrupt cesspool does not make one an isolationist, but it does set a standard for moral integrity.

For the rest Bill Elder covered my views.

6. Brett Mann says:

Moral Integrity? In Harper’s Canada? You must be joking. East Timor, Korea, UN peace keeping missions around the world, including many Canada participated in – one has to be very blinkered indeed to not notice the work the UN quietly accomplishes every day. UNICEF, Child find programs, .. what’s the use? Under the very small little Mr. Harper, Canada is on it’s way to becoming a third rate oligarchy like the United States and Russia. And the traitorous conservative/fascists cheer him on.

7. Alain says:

Brett, you still have not answered my question as to which wars did the UN prevent. I am very aware of our role in “peace keeping” which actually was a military role, not about playing nice. I have good friends who served and relate the truth about what it entailed contrary to the liberal spin. As for UNICEF and other UN programs, they see no problem in schools they fund teaching children to hate and to kill Jews instead of educating them. This is not about our PM, it is about a dangerous corrupt cesspool called the UN that celebrates the most vile despots, ignores basic human rights where they are most needed and yet aspires to global government.

8. Brett Mann says:

East Timor is one war ? government massacre which UN policies averted. You seem reasonable Alain, so I will take the time (when I find it) to find some more examples. If world politics is a “dangerous cesspool”, there are few “leaders” who are as dangerous and full of what cesspools are full of as the very dishonouralble Mr. Harper.

Comments are closed.