Kinsella defends hurt feelings law and then spews insults on internet. Weird?

- May 24th, 2012

Beck in TorontoWarren Kinsella came on the show Wednesday and defended section 13 of the Canadian Human Rights Act. That’s the hurt feelings on the internet provision. You can watch the post here and see if you agree with Kinsella or me.

But I have to wonder why Kinsella supports the hurt feelings on the internet provision because he seems to take joy in throwing around accusations. He’s called plenty of conservative commentators and bloggers racists and Nazis simply because he disagrees with their politics.

Now he’s posted about a Jewish group and a Christian group joining together to bring Glenn Beck to Toronto. Kinsella calls Beck an anti-Semite, a rather slanderous claim, and questions the sanity of the folks at Uptown Chabad and International Christian Embassy Jerusalem (Canada). To prove Beck is an anti-Semite with a real hate on for Jews, Kinsella links to a number of left-wing websites that hate Beck.

Now I don’t know if Kinsella has ever watched Beck or listened to his radio program but one thing that no one who has listened to him could say is that Beck is an anti-Semite. I had lunch recently with two rabbis who couldn’t say enough good things about Beck.

Glenn Beck is a man who has stood with and for Israel more than anyone lately.

Warren my friend, you are out to lunch on this.

I have to say, it is amazing that calling people Nazis and anti-Semites hasn’t landed any section 13 complaints. Although as we know, that section is on hold due to a prior ruling that it is unconstitutional and is being challenged in court.

Categories: Politics

1. Peggy says:

I do not know why you have Kinsella on SunTV. I do not want to see him, read about him or read the hate that he writes.

Kinsella needs duct tape on his vile mouth not a media vehicle for him to promote liberal/lefty propaganda, mistruths, distortions, innuendoes and outright lies.

2. Harry says:

Since when has Warren Kinsella ever said anything that made sense or hasn’t exposed his blatant hypocrisy??

3. Kevin says:

I appreciate that having Warren Kinsella on your show and other on Sun TV and giving him a bi-weekly column in the Sun papers helps to remind me (and others) why I would never vote Liberal. Warren Kinsella (literally) wrote the book on attack-ad style politics. I don’t personally like Glen Beck. I feel he is off base more than on point, but having said that, I welcome his voice in the political discussion and I welcome him to Canada (although I wouldn’t go see him).

Warren Kinsella is like most other progressive (what a laughable expression) commentators: He talks all about free speech but when the rubber meets the road, he means free speech as long as it is speech I agree with.

4. Jen says:

I would have Glenn Beck in Canada at any time day or hour than most which is alot of good for nothing useless reporters who have no idea their ass from their elbow.

Glenn Beck exposed Canadian Maurice Stronge for who he really is and in Strong own words.

When SNN was about to come to canada, we thought that a Glenn Beck lite was coming as well but were we mistaken. SNN cannot even close to doing the job Glenn Beck does. In fact, Canada waits for a Glenn Beck like in this country.

5. Kevin says:

Typical lefty Liberal…As long as he can do or say what he wants free speech is great, but as soon as an opinion goes against him or his ilk, bring on the human rights tribunal to pay out for “hurt feelings”.

6. MasterWooten says:

What should happen is Warren Kinsella and Ezra Levant debate the constitutionality of Section 13 and whether or not the “Hurt Feelings” provision of the Human Rights Act has or can be abused, as clearly it has been. I’ve yet to see an intelligent defence of this piece of legislation which allows people to sue for words that are not slanderous and not aimed at the claimant in question (few of these anti-free speech claims are) and where no real damage can be seen to have been caused.

My only fear is that the Conservatives now with a majority in parliament squander their opportunity to first get out in front of the issue and define these commissions as anything but Human Rights protectors, and then abolishing Section 13. As I understand these commissions which also operate at the provincial level, you can file a claim against someone for saying something derogatory about a group to which you don’t even belong but for which you still take offense. That was the absurdity in one Alberta case where a university profession dragged a pastor before one of these commissions for an anti-gay statement that he made to a newspaper in another community. The professor is not even gay. The professor won that hearing (no surprise) and the commission tried to order the newspaper which was not even a party to the complaint to publish an apology which it tried to force the pastor to write. That Danielle Smith’s campaign did not highlight this case in last month’s Alberta election surprises me to no end. There’s NO WAY that had this case been bantered about that Alison Redford would have jumped to the rescue of the Alberta version of “Human Rights.”

We need to show people particularly after what happened in Alberta last month that scrapping this anti-free expression legislation will NOT lead to demonstrations of Nazis in the streets. Far from it and based on what happened in Toronto in 2009 and what’s happening now in Montreal, Nazis and far right-wingers are not the threat which the political left makes them out to be.

7. Barb R says:

The left wants to keep Glenn Beck OUT of Canada…

but wants Omar Khadr allowed INTO Canada.

Speaks volumes, doesn’t it?

8. Bill Elder says:

Presenting Kinsella as a credible source of opinion has made me question the judgement of SNN.

9. Bocanut says:

While Glenn Beck travels the world over defending democracy Kinsella screeches “Jesus Got Wood” in local punk bars trying desperately to recapture his youth.
    Perhaps it’s in the washrooms of these dives that Knisella crawls around looking for swastikas?

10. Andrew says:

Giving Warren Kinsella the stage is a brilliant move on your part. There is nothing more powerfull than the leftie himself exposing the whole nonsense of “progressive” ideology.

11. Scott says:

I have no problem with letting Warren speak on sun news even if his views are against my own. As French philosopher Voltaire said, I may not agree with what you have to say but I will fight for your right to say it.

It is after all the censorship of free speech, so called hate speech that has led us to misplaced sections of the charter such as section 13. At least Warren comes on sun news unlike other liberals and environmentalists who want a controlled discussion.

12. Brent says:

Brian, when I saw your previous interview with Kinsella, with you shouting “Cut his mic! Cut his mic!”, frankly, I was shocked an appalled.

That’s *my* line. I’ve been shouting it at Kinsella for years, every time he appears, as my wife will attest.

Get your own material, Lilley.

13. Edward Marchand says:

I think Warren Kinsella is an arrogant, egocentric, obnoxious liar. The reason I believe this to be true is because not only has he wrongly attacked Glenn Beck, and the Jewish group that invited him to speak, but he has also attacked me by calling me a Nazi, because I belong to a conservative web forum called Free Dominion.

I never liked Kinsella, and found him repulsive in his attitude and demeanor, but up until recently, I was not aware of his blog that seems to make outrageous statements against conservatives on a fairly regular basis, or any person who does not agree with him. Of course I am not surprised by this type of behaviour, since this is typical of the hard left.

I am also surprised that Kinsella would be a part of Sun TV. I remember when you lost it when Warren acted too much in character, and not as a moderate, fair, balanced liberal, and you cut him off.

Comments are closed.