Celebrities displayed a more natural look at the 2013 Oscars than in previous years.
Red lips were swapped for rose and nude hues, cheeks had dewy glows and eyes were less smoky than usual.
We often think stars use beauty products that are well out of the regular gals’ price range, but that’s not always the case.
Find out how celebrity makeup artists and hair stylists created some star looks using reasonably priced products.
Eyes: Kate Beckinsale
Makeup artist: Molly Stern
- Stern started the look by applying Rimmel Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Stick in Bulletproof and deepened Beckinsale’s shadow with NARS Double Shadow in Paramaribo.
- Next, Stern applied Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in black to line her eyes super close to the upper lash line as well as just below the lower lash line.
- Stern lined the inside of Beckinsale’s wet line with Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Nude.
- Stern then applied two coats of Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara in Black.
- Courtesy Rimmel London
Hair: Jennifer Lawrence
Stylist: Dove celebrity stylist Mark Townsend
- Townsend started by applying a few drops of Dove Nourishing Oil Care Anti-Frizz Serum to Lawrence’s damp hair and combed through.
- Next, he added a large dollop of Dove Style+Care Nourishing Curls Mousse to her hair and blow dried with a large round brush.
- To give the hair texture and shine, Townsend rubbed a nickel size of Dove Style+Care Frizz-Proof Cream-Serum in his hands and then raked through the hair.
- Townsend then took random pieces from each side and loosely twisted them and pinned them together at the back of the head with eight bobby pins in crosses.
- Finally, he gathered the remaining hair into a loose playful bun and finished with Dove Style+Care Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray.
- Courtesy of Dove
Manicurist: Kimmie Kyees
- Kyees applied Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Almost Almond to Adele’s nails.
- Next, Kyees layered with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Colour in Quick Sand on top.
- Courtesy of Sally Hansen
Skin: Salma Hayek
Makeup artist: Jo Strettell
- To achieve a warm, bronzed skin tone, Strettell applied St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse with an applicator mitt to Hayek’s skin the day before the Oscars.
- On the event day, Strettell used the applicator mitt to buff Hayek’s body with the St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Lotion.
- Courtesy of St. Tropez