Bye Bye Bobby

- July 26th, 2012

The Senators put Bobby Butler on waivers Thursday.
If he clears _ and he will _ Butler will be bought out Friday.
The Senators had to make this move. It makes sense.
He had to go. He wasn’t producing. He is paid to score goals.
Butler never got the fact if he wasn’t scoring goals he wasn’t doing anything. His work ethic can be called into question. I’m not sure he had one. Reminded me of Brandon Bochenski.
So long Bobby.
I love the people who posted on the bottom of my article Monday that Bobby wouldn’t be going anywhere and Garrioch just has it in for the guy. We report the facts here folks. Some people don’t like the facts. Right, Bobby Goodman?
Have a nice weekend. Expect a decision on Daniel Alfredsson soon.

1. Dennis_w says:

Kevin,
    The speculation about Alfie’s contract status, with the haters on here saying that he was holding out for more money, was a suggestion at the type of characteristic he’s never displayed. (This is the same guy who deferred his salary when the team was having financial problems).
    Unfounded character asassination happens all the time here.

2. Before Bryan Murray, the Sens were one of the top two teams in the entire league! They were league leaders in goals scored, wins and they entertained. With someone else behind the bench, they would have won the Stanley Cup. The team was great and and how long was the previous GM here? Murray’s teams haven’t come close! You give me far to much credit Dave, I am not inteligent enough to be as clever as to want it both ways. I don’t know if Petersson will be a bona fide NHLer, I simply thought that he should have been given a chance…don’t you? The same goes for Hoffman; they should have played more than the one game during the season and no games in the playoffs. You don’t find it curious we here/read nothing about Petersson? I remember when everyone loved Daisey the Air Rifle and he was going to be a big star (I never saw it and never got it). He often played while the much younger, tougher and better Zack Smith sat and ate popcorn. I said from the get go he would have a long career and Daisey a short one if…he was bounced out of Ottawa and that is what is happening. I didn’t like all the old men that were signed…did you like that era Dave?

Apparently I give up on players too quickly. I never liked Daisey, he gone. I never liked Gilroy, he gone. I never liked Rund’sbad, he gone. I never liked Stilman, Mr Duff, Sutton, Richardson, Smith, Robitaille, Cullen, the $5m goalie and Russians. I never liked Wiercoch or Da Costa and I will wager they do not make the NHL (and if they do, like Daisey, it will only be in an Ottawa uni. I never liked Klink (he avereaged 12 goals a year in the AHL). I never liked Obrien, Dog, Condra. I have only said that I was very disapointed in Sly when he wouldn’t even test his game against NHlers last year and that fact that he was great in the SEL does not necessarily mean much! I have said I liked Zibby but his 5 goals last year in a very soft league is extremely disconcerting. I liked the Latendresse signing. I don’t like Lundin (AHLer) amd Methot journey man. I am not impressed at all with the management team led by Murray. 10th place.

Kevin is upset that someone has pointed out some major flaws in his personal hero…Lord Burke. If Burke was a man of moral fiber, he wouldn’t be such an easy target. His actions is there on the internet and I don’t remember him suing anyone for slander. It is reality he left his wife and 3 kids and moved 3k miles away. It is fact he married a much, much younger woman and fathered even more children and…it is has been noted by various members of the media he was caught bedding a girl who works for MLSE. If this is commendable to some I would suggest they too have behavioural issues. I am very confused (and that is easy to do), Kev seems to be an inteligent man and altough he chooses to turn a blind eye to Lord Burke’s major personal/character flaws he also chooses to ignore the reality he has really sucked as a General Manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs!

3. Kevin F says:

Geez literal Dave, because you are incapable of recognizing even the most obvious sarcasm I’ll spell it out . By times I feel you write in a rather imperious manner and tend to set standards and grant things that you have no control over. My post was a sracstic jokey dig and I assure you nothing you say upsets me in any way at all. That you thought i was serious is remarkable to me. Been over the leaf thing a zillion times if people want to have a sane conversation I’m down. Historically here it has turned into one of two things Kessels character/bad teammate when I challenge this no evidence has ever been produced and it goes away …..till the next time. Burkes ego, that truly degenerates into the filth we have seen here lately, I’m happy to talk about Burkes record doing his job in hockey, I have no interest in who he is or isn’t having sex with, and won’t discuss it.Again I will continue to post when I feel like it and you are free to respond in anyway you want to, you seem to respond to a awful lot of my stuff by the way.
    Dennis my one little question about Alfies status was in no way a question of his character. Simply commentary on the clumsy manipulations, what David thinks of as a grand plan of puppet masters evidently,of the organization aided and abetted by their pals in the media.

Talk about not getting sarcasm Kevin…

It’s a message board so not sure how I am setting standards or granting things but you are free to take my comments any way you like (and apparently in many ways you don’t like).

I doubt I have been one to discuss Kessel being a cancer or Burke’s personal life and I have try to engage you many times with your replies making it clear that you aren’t interested.

Tell you what (well, not “telling you” since that would assume I have control here) why don’t you just post whatever and I will post whatever and if you ever decide you want to do something other than make jabs at the Senators I will be happy to have a discussion on general hockey related items. I don’t thin that will happen since lately you really only seem interested in being a troll on what is mainly a Senators focused board but maybe I will be surprised.

5. Kevin F says:

Wow David you really got me there, whew!! I see how you reversed that sarcasm thing on me.Brilliant. And now you break out the ” TROLL” designation, man, the originality is devastating, I’m gonna wave the white flag, pull a OD and declare this discussion over.

6. Kevin F says:

To be clear the last post contained a lot of sarcasm, and this morning when I said zillionith I was exaggerating.

7. Davey, it was I who suggested Kessel was a cancer in the dressing room. Having never been a fly on the dressing wall and not plugged into any network of NHL professionals, I only report on what has been reported! He was/is not a popular guy. He wasn’t a favourite in Boston. He was voted by the players in the league as the easiest to intimidate. I may be wrong but I would guess even Kevin (in an honest moment) would have to concede that the Bruins got the better of that trade).

If reporting on Burke’s behaviour is filth, I am left wondering how Kev might describe his actions! Is it not fair to assume those in the public eye have a responsibility? I wonder if Kevin worships Billy Clinton as well. Is it too much to ask that those who hold senior positions of power and authority be professional and honourable? Reporting bad behaviour is filth but the action itself is totally acceptable. Is it just me or is there something wrong with that? It can’t be just me because based on what I have read (more filth), MLSE, Burke’s employer weren’t impressed. I am not sure Kev is a Troll (and I do hate the overused expression) but I think it is safe to suggest Lord Burke knows how to troll…..

I didn’t reverse anything Kevin, I stated the obvious.

If you aren’t a troll then what are you? You don’t come here to discuss the Senators (and God forbid we discuss the Leafs) you come here to throw jabs at the Senators organization and you have now upped the ante by going after Bruce.

When you write, what are you attempting to accomplish other than stirring things up and looking for reactions?

I can say that I have never gone to a Leafs board either to read what they are saying or to just troll around but I expect that if I was going to troll, I would use your strategy except for one big difference.

I would admit that I am a troll and move on.

9. Kevin F says:

The last refuge of the internet poster who is void of original ideas, calling those he disagrees with a troll, I post under my own name, and have been here from almost the outset of this blog, again for the kazillionth (exageration) time if you don’t like what I post don’t read it and don’t respond, your input has no effect or deep meaning to me, it has no importance, nor do my posts really just discussion sometimes fun and lively, other times rather unnecessarily bitter and unpleasant. I don’t care where you post and what your content is, I suggest you grant me the same, or dont, continue on as you have been. Doesn’t matter.

I don’t generally like that term either and believe it is the first time I have written it here (maybe the second – I probably used it on Chokerlover earlier) but Kevin seems to have devolved.

At times he has written some interesting things but lately he come just to make snide comment on the Senators. He isn’t interested in discussion at all, just getting reactions.

11. Kevin F says:

To say that asking questions of “pro writers”, is trolling is the most laughable of your claims. ” Pro writers”, in my opinion, should be held to a very high standard as they are journalists, and should not serve as a extension of any political party, sports team or any other master. Don’t think that Bruce needs your help, he responds to me rarely, and that’s his choice, I’m fine with it. I think most of my questions have merit, sometimes certainly I throw things out for reaction, that’s what blogs are about ,,,,again in my opinion. For you to suggest I unless I post in a manner, and content that you approve of or want me to address, that I am trolling is completely bogus. If you want only cheerleading coverage and commentary fair enough, I am not bound by your sensibilities.

OK Troll – whatever you say.

Bruce and Don, please make sure that all content is consistent with what the Senators tell you to write, that way I can make sure I am fully brainwashed by the propaganda machine and mesmerized by the Pom-Pom’s.

Good thing the Laffs (who by the way haven’t played in a play-off game in 3012 days) don’t do anything or have anything (ahem CBC, Sportsnet, TSN) to keep feeding their machine and Laffable claim of being Canada’s team. Up hill battle for that sad sack squad…

At least they have a GM (and now a coach) who come across as tough and they can both talk about how pugnacious and truculent the team WILL be…sometime down the road. It’s going to be a looong road for the Laffs to get back to play-off contention now that other teams are getting goaltending and rounding out their rosters. Should be fun to watch them flounder and see if the heat gets turned up on management or if they continue to get a free pass from the oh so judgmental Toronto media.

13. Kevin F says:

David if you truly believe I am trolling and have devolved to that extent it would seem logical that you would simply ignore me and stop responding to my posts, that’s fine with me. Or keep responding to every single thing I write free country, even on a designated, by you at least, Sens blog. I am gonna continue posting when and where I choose to. If you feel the content has no merit, don’t respond, I won’t fret over it.
    Would this be a bad time to ask if THE CAPTAIN is going to be held accountable, or at least asked to explain,for the psycho meltdown against the Rangers, where he endangered a couple of those young players he loves so much by smashing a composite stick mere inches from their faces? The commentators if I recall correctly speculated that it might have been because he didn’t get power play time. Don’t know, but am sure the “pro writers” will never ask him about it and it will be put on the shelf with the wacky Neidemeyer incident and the bold predictions never to be heard of again.Great to be in Ottawa no accountability required only hossanas and genuflects.

Is that the best you have Kevin? I could write a book on the ineptnitude of your beloved Maple Laughs, but why bother?

Kevin,
    Since we’re digging up the past, is the Neidemeyer you’re referring to, the one who the Leafs could have had if they hadn’t traded their pick for Tom Kurvers? I guess that trade made the Kessel trade look like a steal for the Leafs, or maybe not.

16. Kevin F says:

Mikey,Mikey, Mikey , join your literal buddy, I thought by prefacing with this with “would be this a bad time” it would be clear I was joking. When I played a lot of competitive fastball we had something called rabbit ears or the redass, ie someone who was so easily bothered by joking and teasing they would lose their composure, you guys are champs. Wow.

17. God wasn’t very good in the playoffs last year (was it 2 points in 5 games and minus 3) but the stick swinging incident was a dispicable display! Indeed he could have inflicted a serious injury on those close to him on the bench but I am not surprised the incident was never really discussed by the media. Thouith shaltith notith diss(cuss) the Lord. Not only did he supernova near the bench, but he continued the embarrassment when he sat down taking his anger/frustration out on what remained of his hockey and a helpless water bottle (with spray that so frightened the Android). Poor Greening, he didn’t really know how to behave, afterall, it was his Captain who was the perputrator. Had it been I sitting beside Alfredsson, I would have had a few things to say. What might have been interesting (but never explored by the media) is why he freaked. Was it the little hit he took just prior to going bezerk; was he frustrated with his play; did he object to sitting out a PP? It always amazes me how a good story can simply slide away into obscurity. I see it often; only this weekend during the PGA Championship so gloriously won by Mclroy the very repetitive colour commentators miss opportunities to migrate away from the inane. At one point one of them noted that Rory changed shafts in his driver and the move paid instant dividends. He didn’t share with the viewers what the make was; low, medium or hight kick; what the weight of the shaft was or why the move was made in the first place. No one talked about how all of Butch Harmon’s desciples are having problems. Mickleson saw him to primarily help with his driving…is it working? They note that Harmon had a very long hitter move from hitting a natural fade to a draw, but never explained why? If someone hits the ball miles naturally, why do they want to hit a draw? Why does Caligula now play a very defensive game of golf? His play at the last two majors were timid and he only scored well when he was making one putting every hole! Costis will look at a swing after a good shot and share with the viewer all the things that work but take the very same swing after a bad shot and give you all the reasons why it was bad. If he didn’t know what swing generated the good or bad shot, both swings would have been the same…very good! What is wrong with saying “bunker”? “Bunker” or “Sandy Area” do the viewers need to be told many times for 4 days that grounding the club is allowed? Rather than spend hours taling and showing Caligula, perhaps the network could have shown more shots made by the kid who came in second or better yet, mor of Noh who had the lowest round of the day. There were two fantastic stories that were never told.