Toronto FC anticipating sold out BMO Field in 2014

- February 3rd, 2014

reds650

Get them while you can.

Toronto FC will release a final block of 500 season tickets later today before capping its season seat holder base at 17,000.

The Toronto Sun learned early Monday that TFC has enjoyed a league-leading renewal rate of 95% among existing season seat holders on top of selling an additional 2,700 news seats ahead of the 2014 season.

Maybe more impressive is the fact the club has done this in a fraction of the time fellow MLS clubs have.

Teams around the league typically open up ticket renewals in October. But Toronto FC elected to hold off until after fans witnessed its off-season transformation.

The news falls in line with what MLSE head honcho Tim Leiweke told the Sun last month. Shortly after introducing new Designated Players Jermain Defoe and Michael Bradley, Leiweke told the Sun he expects every MLS game at BMO Field to be sold out in 2014.

Currently holding its pre-season in Bradenton, Fla., Toronto FC will play D.C. United in its opening pre-season game on Wednesday, streamed live at mlssoccer.com.

Toronto FC opens the 2014 season on March 15 in Seattle before hosting D.C. United a week later in its home opener.

Categories: Sports

1. jjb says:

When do the Argos move into BMO. would love to see a football game there.

2. a deVries says:

Never. Hopefully.

3. Roy says:

Argos? Are you kidding me? Please no…

4. Pele says:

Perfect cfl venue. Public money eh?

5. TFCLOVER says:

ARGOS? no thanks.
    unless TFC can have a better stadium as home.

6. Greg says:

@Pele How is BMO a “perfect cfl venue”? Don’t get me wrong, I agree that the Argos’ next home should be a more intimate stadium but BMO is not perfect. It is subject to the same weather patterns as Exhibition Stadium was that neccessitated a retractable roof to be built at the Skydome/Rogers Centre.

Now, if they renovated the stadium and added even a partial roof or some sort of enclosure to close off the corners then that would make it better. But until that happens, BMO remains far from perfect.

7. Jason says:

Give BMO to the Argos. It would give me areason to check it out. Football should be played outdoors

8. BMO is in a dreadful location, and it’s got no comforts. Very little reason to like the place. As someone who froze for many years at Exhibition Stadium, I was unhappy with the location. I thought it should have been Varsity or Lamport. It’s terribly windy, and colder than anywhere else in Toronto. Nevertheless, I like outdoor sport, so I have spent many years freezing at BMO. I’d go see the Argos there. That was my intention until they decided to stay in the Dome. Games are not good there, and it’s become a gigantic Rogers mini-economy infomercial, so I don’t go to baseball or CFL. But, I like CFL and will go to BMO for it. I’d much rather go somewhere that isn’t in the coldest, windiest part of Toronto. Suitable location for wind farm? Yes. For outdoor sport. No.

9. Auzzy says:

Much more public money was blown on the Rogers Centre than on BMO Field. Plus BMO Field turns a profit each year, which pays back the City’s portion.

10. Tony says:

@jjb You can still see a football game there, just……..oh wait you mean throw/passball!