The itinerary for the week-long MasterChef cruise of the Caribbean has been revealed, and it includes plenty of opportunities to interact with fan favourite contestants like Christina Ha and Alexander Weiss, as well as MasterChef judge Graham Elliot.
The seven-day voyage will sail from Fort Lauderdale, Fla. on Nov. 8, 2014. Elliot, past winners Ha and Luca Manfe, MasterChef Junior victor Weiss, and the newest MasterChef, season five winner Courtney Lapresi, will all be aboard.
The luxurious Holland America MS Westerdam will be the vessel for the cruise, which will stop at several ports of call, including Puerto Rico, Turks and Caicos and the Bahamas. The ship will return to Fort Lauderdale on Nov. 15.
It has now been revealed that guests can look forward to on-board programming that will include Mystery Box challenges, cocktail parties, meet and greets, and demonstrations. Some of the many events include:
- Christine Ha’s Mac-n-Cheese at Sea Competition – Ha will judge the first-ever Mac-n-Cheese at Sea competition where guests will compete to create their best version of the classic dish.
- Blind Taste Test with Graham Elliot – A few willing audience members will have the opportunity to test their taste buds with a challenge led by Elliot.
- Tag Team Sushi – Get a front-row seat to the famous Sushi Tag Team Challenge featuring the MasterChef Stars.
- Master the Macaroon with Alexander – Learn to master Weiss’ signature dessert.
- Designer Pasta – Learn how to make authentic, homemade pasta with a demonstration from Luca Manfe.
- The Finishing Touch – Courtney Lapresi will teach you how to add that extra touch to your dish, using herb oils, aiolis, and purees as smooth as silk.
- Tricks of the Trade: Lapresi and season four favourite Bri Kozior will demonstrate some of the best tricks used in professional kitchens everywhere.
“MasterChef fans and food lovers alike are in for an incredible journey with hours of original live programming that both entertains and instructs,” said Vivi Zigler, president of MasterChef’s production company, Shine America, in a statement. “Guests will get to live the MasterChef experience with some of the most skilled and beloved talent from the series, while also honing their own culinary skills.”
Fares for the cruise start at $1,442 per person. For more information or to book your ticket on the MasterChef cruise, visit masterchefcruise.com.