One of my favourite movies of 2012 was Snow White and the Huntsman, starring two actresses who I admire for making bold career film choices, Charlize Theron and Kristen Stewart. Now, visitors to Universal Studios Hollywood can see costumes and props worn and used in the movie by Theron and Stewart on display at the NBCUniversal Experience attraction in California.
Stewart’s Snow White dress and Theron’s Evil Queen scepter are on display, along with props and costumes from other 2012 films, like Anne Hathaway’s tattered Fantine dress from Les Miserables and Kiera Knightley’s elegant Anna Karenina opera gown.
The NBCUniversal Experience also features movie memorabilia from classic films, like drawings from Jaws and Dracula, the 1973 Best Picture Oscar statuette for The Sting and matte paintings from The Birds.
There are many ways tourists can inject a little celebrity-style into their vacation, whether the destination is Universal Studios Hollywood or Ko Phi Phi Leh in Thailand. These slideshows from Canoe.ca Travel are filled with ideas for Hollywood-inspired travel. So grab your bottle of Bling water, have your personal assistant hold your calls and start clicking:
- Some of Earth’s most exotic places have been featured on film, from the sunny shores of Ko Phi Phi Leh, Thailand in The Beach to Abu Dhabi in Sex and the City 2. These are our top 15 exotic destinations in the movies.
- Sometimes it’s not the destination, it’s the journey! These 15 amazing journeys in film will inspire you to embark on your own road trip!
- Get bitten by the travel bug as we count down the top 10 movies that inspire travel. If these 10 epic films don’t inspire wanderlust in you, nothing will!
- Sip a cocktail like Carrie Bradshaw or down an Old Fashioned like Don Draper in one of these 10 destinations known for their cocktails. Plus, discover the connections between iconic movies and TV shows and the drinks!
- If only these places were real! Some of the most fantastic destinations in movies, from Oz to Camelot, aren’t real, but that hasn’t stopped us from counting down our 15 favourite imaginary locales.