As Canadians, we’d rather hold our tongues and be polite than complain and inconvenience anyone because we aren’t happy.
Steak a little underdone? We’ll suck it up and eat it. Guy sitting more on you than beside you on an airplane? We’ll grin and bear it.
Other nationalities aren’t so notoriously polite, though.
Telegraph.co.uk recently published a list of the 20 most bizarre complaints ever registered by travellers. Here are some of the best. They’re sure to leave you shaking your head.
- A woman threatened to call the police after she thought she was trapped in her room upon finding the “Do Not Disturb” sign hanging on the inside of her door.
- One couple was perturbed after discovering the Ray Bans they bought from a street vendor for 5 euros were fake.
- “No one told us there would be fish in the sea.”
- One couple complained that no one told them they’d need swimsuits when they booked a trip to a water park.
- A man complained to his travel agent after seeing an aroused elephant made him feel inadequate and ruined his honeymoon.
- “The beach was too sandy.”
- A guest in Australia complained about his soup being too thick. He was eating the gravy.
- One woman demanded topless sunbathing be outlawed after her husband spent more time looking at the tanners than her.
- A tourist complained that it took her family six hours to fly home to England from Jamaica, while the Americans only had to fly three hours.
- “I was bitten by a mosquito. No one said they could bite.”
For the complete list, click here.